Monday, January 26, 2015

reunited and if feels so good...

HI EVERYONE!!!

Ah what a great week.  I guess I will start out with the transfer doctrine.  I'm staying!(: woo! and since sister corbitt is going home, my new companion will be Sister Orantes!! She is coming from the english program in the visitors center. Shes been STL there for a while. She has been english vc her whole mission.. and shes almost done.  So this will be her first time full pros and first time in the spanish program.  But shes from el salvador so she knows spanish(:  that is all I know about her, but she seems pretty awesome and I am sooo excited to get to know her!

It was a good week here, don't really know what to tell.  Armando couldn't come to church because of work, but seriously.. I am witnessing a miracle.  Every time we meet with him, he talks more and more.  He truly is changing right before our eyes.  He is so attentive and responsive to the spirit.  He really has started feeling the spirit. It is so amazing.  I love it.

We had a great week but not much happened.. we did have some great dinners this week! ah monday we went to a couples house and it was so fun.  We ate dinner and played some games.  it was a good martin luther king day.(:

The only other thing i can think of to talk about is the best thing ever.  Yesterday!!!! guess what we had!!! porque yo creo!!! for the first time since october! do you know what that means?  I saw all my concord people again!! well, a lot of them.  I haven't seen them for 3 months!!! oh my goodness I cannot even tell you how happy I was.  I walked in and saw Carlos, Carlitos, Carlos pena, Felipe, and Karina.  I FREAKED OUT.  Seriously, I don't think I've been happier.  And CARLITOS SPOKE. ahhhh because when you get baptized you can speak and share your story, and that little kid did it! and he did it so well!! I was sooo proud of him.  He even did it in spanish.. which... le da pena.  but he did so well!! I definitely cried.  There is nothing happier than seeing your recent convert still going so strong, telling the congregation that it is worth it. and that the church is true.  I really was just truly happy yesterday.  I can't even explain it.  Being a missionary is the greatest thing ever.  You get to feel a true, spiritual, eternal love for these people.  And you love them so much that seeing them, and seeing that they are well and strong, gives you a true happiness that I don't think you can find in many other places.  I was smilin so big last night, I couldn't help it.  I love my people in concord so much.  AH I LOVE THE GOSPEL.

Also, Carlitos wears the bracelet we gave him every day that says "go and do"  and he also wears his tie pin every sunday that we gave him of the oakland temple.  Man. I am so proud of him. He also has grown like 3 inches it was weird.  I can't wait to see him go on a mission in 7.5 years.

Yep, that was my week.  Ha I can't get over how great it was to see that yesterday.  I feel like its a little of what it will be like in the after life.. i know thats cheesy.. but i really believe its true.  I love reunions.(:

Welp, I hope you all have a great week! I love you all!!

picture 1: me and my favorite concord people. and hermana cefalo of course.(:

picture 2: me and Hermana Hilton.  We showed up, not seeing each other for 6 weeks, matching. hahaha we are hilarious. also, she is going to concord, so i am so excited for her.(: love.

Picture 3:  just another pretty picture of the bay bridge.  I love my mission.







No comments:

Post a Comment