Monday, August 17, 2015

I know the church is true as much as I know I have hair on my head

So this was a good week. Hot. But good. I love it here.

Yesterday we went to a baptism for the YSA ward! We wanted to take out investigators who are getting baptized this Saturday, because they are scared.  It was suchhh a spiritual baptism.  Seriously, I was sitting there while it was happening and I was thinking really though.. how could this church not be true?

The family we brought are Samuel, Margarita, Jocelyn, and Bianca.  Margarita is the only member, and she's a returning less active. She is so awesome I love her.  And then This Saturday, Jocelyn and Bianca are getting baptized!!! We are sooo excited.  Samuel will hopefully be soon.  He's stronger than a lot of members.. ha he reads D&C all the time. He's awesome and wants to be baptized so badly.  The only problem is they are not married, and she has to wait to get identification before they can be married.  We are hoping it will come soon though. (:

This past week we had two separate member present lessons that were AWESOME.  They were with two different girls from the YSA ward.  They were so awesome and changed my life.  Members are just soo awesome here in this stake.  I mean they are everywhere but I think this is definitely my favorite stake.  Today a member from one of the other wards saw us going to buy lunch and she came up and paid for us. Ah sooo nice.  I love all these people here. (:

We had two exchanges this week!  first sister Hasek then Sister Thao.  I went to sister Thao's area.  Ah I love her so much. It was so fun to be with her again.

We gave another training at zone training this week. We also had a special training by president frandsen a couple days later.  It was really awesome.  We are really focusing right now and helping people make commitments.  Because without commitments, no one can progress.  

Oh! And yesterday I spoke in church! About missionary work.  haha of course.  It went well though. It was really weird speaking in english. But I made it.  (:

I love this gospel so much.  This week I have been thinking so much about how grateful I am to know the truth. It makes me so sad when I think of how many people don't actually understand yet the happiness that comes from the gospel.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true folks.  You might as well try praying about it.  I promise you, if you read the Book of Mormon and pray with the true desire to know, you will never regret that choice.  

Love you all! have a great week!

Hermana Stokes

pictures: 1: this is Kim from YSA. she is amazing. 

2: Sister Thao!!



No comments:

Post a Comment