Monday, August 31, 2015

Fe en Jesucristo

Hello.

So this week was awesome! Teresa is awesome. We met with her a couple of times and she is so great.  She really is starting to understand the gospel principles! This is good. She has a baptism date for September 16th. She is so excited! It's awesome, because we have seen her change sooo much.  She really loves this church now! And she recognizes that it will change her life.

Also... Los Montiel.  I love them so much. oh my gosh and guess what! HERMANA MONTIEL HAS A BAPTISMAL DATE! We brought Kim with us to their lesson and it was an amazing lesson.  We watched "come and see" by Elder Bednar.  It was awesome.  Then we talked a lot about faith and walking with faith.  Because that is the problem, she just needs to take that step of faith.  She has so much though! But she needs to act. So we told her that. And we testified to her that if she sets a baptism date and really prays about it, she will be ready by said date.  So we set a date for October 17th! so exciting. Then she asked for a chapter in the book of mormon to read so that it will help her get her answer for baptism. So awesome. She is so awesome.  Her husband doesn't want to be baptized, but he said he will 100% support her and will even come to church with her. He also said he will read the book of mormon.  They are so cute. they have been married for 25 years and are so in love. (: also, they are from mexico and said we can be mexicans with them. (: haha i love them so much.

I seriously just love the gospel.  I have been studying Faith a lot lately.  Especially Faith in Jesus Christ.  It really is the most important thing in life.  But with it.. faith without works is dead.  It's really interesting how faith works.  If I just sit here and I have faith that I will eat lunch today.. but I don't go get up and make a sandwich or something... it's not going to work.  Faith is not complete without action.  If you believe in Jesus Christ and that he can save you.. but do nothing to show your faith to him and don't do you're part of the job.. you will not receive salvation.  That is one of the biggest things I've learned on my mission.  When we want to find people to teach.. we have faith that God will provide people prepared for this gospel.  But I guarantee you, if we have that faith but sit here doing nothing, it will not happen.

I just love the principle of faith so much. Do any of you know of any good talks I can listen to on faith this week? We like listening to conference talks in the car. And I can't think of any on the top of my head. (:

I love you all so much! tengan una buena semana!

Hermana Stokes

pictures.. Teresa!!! and then a selfie with her daughter perscilla and grandson Robert!(:




No comments:

Post a Comment