Monday, November 16, 2015

The Final Epistle

HELLO.

Sooo this week was great!!! I mean.. I went to the temple twice. of course it was great. and we had zone training and gave a training there! 

remind me when im home to tell you about the Espinoza's sealing.. I'm pretty sure it was the most special amazing experience I've ever had.  Families are eternal.  I know that for sure. Also, seeing all of concord for the first time in a year in the temple... im pretty sure thats exactly how the celestial kingdom will be. it was amazing!

Then yesterday... concord all came to brentwood to visit me and say goodbye. hahaha. the branch president's mom lives in our ward here in brentwood. so thats how that happened. it was amazing! I love them all so much.

So I guess I just wanted to end all these fun weekly emails with my testimony... GUYS. I know this church is true.  Seriously..... It is. And we have The Book of Mormon to testify of it!  I have grown to love this book so much on my mission.  It really can answer any question we have.  It can resolve any doubt we have as well. Go forward with faith, and read the Book of Mormon.(:

I am so grateful for my mission. BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE. seriously though, if i could, i would go back and do it all over again.  But I do know that that is not the Lord's plan for me.  I do know that he needs me home.  He has another purpose for me! But man, It's hard to leave.  I have learned so much here. I have learned that God has a plan for us.  I have learned that as we listen to the spirit, we can follow the plan! Isn't God's love for us amazing?  Seriously, I am so grateful to be  a part of this work.  Sharing the truthfulness of the restored gospel has been amazing. And it really is great to know that.. I can continue to share it! My mission doesn't have to stop here. I have realized that. 

All the people I've met have taught me that life is hard.  But that through the atonement of Jesus Christ, we can be happy!! We can have a happiness that is impossible to find elsewhere.  It's cool to meet someone who really is satisfied with life.. they feel like they have all they need. Then they find the restored gospel.. and realize how much they were missing out on.

It has been the hardest thing ever to watch people reject this gospel.  Non members who reject Him, or less active members who do... it's frustrating! I just want to grab them and tell them what they are missing out on! But I know that Agency is necessary, and I hope and pray that they find their way back to Heavenly Father soon.  Because really.. They are missing out.  But I know that we all have these times.. where we are missing out on the blessings God has prepared for us to receive. And I know that as we come closer to Him and pray for strength.. we can come back.

I love this gospel so much.  It really is my greatest passion.  I am so grateful that I was born into it, so that I could be ready to go out and serve 18 months of my time to find Heavenly Father's lost sheep.  I love my Heavenly Father so much and I know that He loves me. 

I am excited to see you all, I will miss my mission like crazy, but I know that I am needed back in Utah. (:  Thank you for all the support you have given me while I've been out.  It would've been a lot harder without you guys.(: LOVE YOU ALL SEE YOU SOON.


Love, Hermana Stokes.(: 





No comments:

Post a Comment