Monday, August 18, 2014

Hello!!

Dear friends and family,

Hola! How are you all doing??

My week was great.  Bike is great.  It's hot. hahah but we are surviving! I am just on a mission bike right now, waiting till we get a car with a bike rack to go buy bikes.  But yeah, it's fun.  If it wasn't hot, I really wouldn't mind it at all.  Like when we ride home at night, I LOVE IT.  The first night I was just laughing because it was so fun.  Because I love being outside at night, and its even more fun on bikes.(:  But yeah, there are definitely pros and cons to being on bikes. 

This week.  My branch figured out that I can play the piano.  Well actually, they already knew.  Some did.  But I always used my thumb as an excuse. And that I really don't play well. Well this week they told me to play anyway. So Wednesday for PMG class I played without using my thumb.  It was horrible, but probably not too bad considering I was only playing with 9 fingers.  Then I had to play for Diana's baptism on Saturday... I wanted this to sound better so I played with my thumb.  It doesn't hurt too bad anymore, my thumb is really healing, and playing the piano was fine as long as I didn't bend my thumb! so It was okay. but then, since the branch presidency was there at the baptism, they know that I can play.  SO THEN about 30 seconds before sacrament meeting started on sunday.... modesto came and asked me if I could play, because the piano player wasn't there.  I was going to have a panick attack.  It was the scariest thing ever and it was completely horrible.  But my comp pointed out that it's way better than if we were to sing a capella.  That day I played for relief society too.  I'm gonna have to get over the fact that I can't sight read hymns. Oh well.  I figure it can only get better.

So yeah Diana Espinoza got baptized!!! sooo happy! Her family all got baptized a few months ago, but she was 7. So it was so cool to see her dad baptize her.  She is the cutest!  I just really love that family so much.  Here's a picture of us and their family.  Oh and hna espinozas brother is in the picture too, hes not a member but isnt interested:(  and also, dianas friend that she invited to her baptism (little missionary!!!) is in the picture. but yeah. super fun!!

Sorry, that is really all of my week.  Haha nothing else really happened.  But you should all go read DyC 90:24.  Thanks so much for all you do! I love you all! Sorry that todays email was short!!

Oh and also, next week, WE ARE GOING TO THE TEMPLE. So we are going on tuesday, which means our p day will be tuesday, so don't freak out when you don't get an email on monday.(: hahah sorry that you will have to wait an extra day.:(

okay love you all!!

Hermana Stokes

ps i just checked.. i forgot my camera cord:(( sorry! i will send pictures soon! 


Sadie answered a few questions from Rachelle so I wanted to post them here:

my skirts are rough on bike. its always either that they fly up the whole time, which isnt that big of a deal.. because im wearing bike shorts. so its whatever. but then the ones that actually stay down.. they are too flowey and long and get caught in the tire. haha so i am still figuring things out. its interesting riding in a skirt. i dont like it.  the shoes are great! just dont have any socks hahaa. members just dont like that we are sisters and have to ride bike in the heat.

I'm glad you are all doing well.  I'm sorry about spencer.  But it's true.  Remember that heavenly Father has a plan for him.. if he is supposed to be the keeper for that team, he will.  But if hes not, then heavenly father has a greater plan! so don't worry!!! 

thank you for all your help and fasting and prayers. i had been home sick, but i am good now.(:

hahah mom i always forget to take pictures of the apt... and then i come and see it on the email.. but then by the time i get home i still always forget. sorry! its just a normal apt tho. and we might have bed bugs right now.....:/ ugh. and no i dont get to do that (practice the piano)... if we dont have lessons we just ride our bikes all day trying to visit people or opening our mouths. 

i miss seven peaks!

love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment