Monday, December 15, 2014

TRANSFERS.... WHAT IS LIFE.

hi friends and family.

first off, im sorry im on so late today. we had breakfast at the baileys and then as our last p day together me and Hermana Hilton went to san fran(:

so I guess I just spoiled something for you.

Are you ready for my transfer?

Well... I'm staying... but theres a twist.... El camino b and a are combining to be one area. I will be with sister Corbitt as SISTER TRAINING LEADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have known since Wednesday... and well you can say I haven't slept or ate since then.  I have literally been freaking out.  You guys don't understand.. So here in this mission... it is basically unheard of to be STL this young. Especially in a language program!!!! I was not expecting it AT ALL.  oh my heck.  When President Meredith called me last Wednesday night... I freaked out.  I actually am still in shock. AHHHH. everyone pray for me. Because I am so scared! But I know the lord has a plan.  For those of you who don't know what sister training leader means... It's the Leadership position for the sisters.  I will be over the San Francisco zone.  I will teach trainings at zone trainings and zone conferences (yikes)  I will be a part of mission leadership phone calls and meetings (weird) and I will go on exchanges with all the sisters in the zone.(this part I am both excited and nervous for, I get to go see different language programs and different areas in san fran!)  but yeah.  That will be my life.  I am still in shock.  But. I know the Lord has a plan, and I am super excited.(:  Me and Hna Hilton are sad we are getting split up. She is going to Hayward. But it will be great.(:  The thing I am most excited for is that I know this transfer I am going to learn sooo much.  It's Sister Corbitts last transfer, So I am going to kill someone! haha weird.  But I am so excited to learn so much from her and from being STL.(: It is going to be a great one.

Sorry I don't have much time since we went to San fran, but this week was good!  WE had Christmas Zone Conference!!!!! ahhh it was soo fun.  haha seriously the best.  We had some great trainings, I learned a ton.  Then we had a big normal American Christmas dinner made for us by some ward members!!!! it was the most delicious food ive eaten in a long time.  I was so happy.  We also played white elephant as a zone.  Seriously the day was so great and it made me love Christmas so much.

Christmas on the mission is the best.  I so far have gotten letters from our mission president, stake presidency, and the presidency of the church!!! its amazing how much support goes out to us missionaries around the holidays.  I love it so much.  It's weird that this is my only Christmas here.

So today was my second time driving in San fran.  I would just like you guys to know... I think after driving there I can drive anywhere. haha its fun.  but yeah we went to japan town and pier 39. fun stuff.

So yep, sorry that this is so short!I'm going to send a bunch of pictures though! so be ready!!! love you all so much!! remember, the lord has a plan for us all.  The church is true!!!!

Hermana Stokes

oh and yeah, I won't be moving, so its still the same address.(:

Also, for packages around the holidays... I'm thinking it might be safer to send to the mission home.  if you need that address let me know.  The senior couples go pick up all the packages on Christmas eve and bring it to us so that we have them by chrismtas. So just send it to the mission home and I will get it on time.(:  I just don't want anything getting stolen!

LOVE YOU ALL. 

I wanted to show you all of our Christmas Trees.  Thanks for my Mom and Dad for sending the fixings for a candy tree!


Here is a photo of Hermana Hilton and I in Japan Town - It rained a ton so we were soaked.


And finally a pic of our Christmas Zone Conference - so fun!!




No comments:

Post a Comment