Monday, April 13, 2015

Best week ever.

Dear everyone.

Okay so this week was awesome and I have so much on my mind to tell you guys.  But I don't know where to start, especially since we are short on time. (: anyway.

We gave two trainings this week on Tuesday!  Both went well.  The second one especially, we gave it on opening our mouths.  And the spirit really inspired us with everything we said.  I think the training was more for us than our audience.  (: It was so fun too.  I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Then Wednesday I was on an exchange with sister Kaufana! Super fun.  Then Saturday I went on an exchange with Sister Leuluaialii.  Both were in my area.

Wednesday at service with our cute old ladies, I witnessed the cutest thing ever.  We work on the Alzheimer's floor, so we definitely witness some great things.  But there is this new lady, Pat.  and her husband who doesn't have Alzheimer's comes and visits her every week.  They are soo cute.  So I was sitting there yelling (I have to yell or no one hears me).  We were doing trivia.  Pat was so intently listening, when her husband was trying to say goodbye.  So I finally stopped talking so that she would listen to him.  Then I heard him say "I love you.  I will always love you." then he left.  Her face just lit up but you could tell she remembers him, but still isn't all there and won't remember him soon. Yes, I started crying.  I hope I have a marriage like that when I'm that old. Me and Sister Orantes are trying to figure out how to get them introduced to the gospel and sealed(: its hard because we can't proselyte in there.

Then Thursday was soooo great!!! I had such a great interview with my mission president.  I love President Meredith sooo much.  I had a prayer answered in that interview. It was so great. (:  I am so grateful for him.  Then that night we did service for Sandy and Robert!! Eadan is in Colorado visiting their family, so they decided to get some stuff done in the apartment.  It was so fun! We painted their living room.  I love that family so much. (:

Then Friday is where the miracles get amazing.  So the elders had a baptism!! Remember that family that came into church a few weeks ago and said they wanted to get baptized? yep well they did on Friday! It was so great!! And randomly, this lady Nancy shows up.  I guess she was a former investigator of sister corbitt and sister miller when they were here!! So of course, we added her as and investigator and invited her to church! She came!! we will meet with her on Wednesday.  I don't know what made her decide to come back, but I hope she will get baptized soon.

Then Saturday!!!! Remember JoAnne who got baptized a few weeks ago?  Well her family got sealed in the temple on Saturday!! So of course we had a reception Saturday night for them. Oh my I almost cried when I saw them walking around hugging everyone.  They looked sooo happy!! I am so happy for them.  The reception was great! I saw Olga and Karla from concord! They are related to the family. so that was fun.  But yeah it was a good night.  I love Hispanic parties!!! hahahaha seriously though.  I want to go to them all the time after my mission. (: ahh I just love our ward! They are the absolute best!! but yes. anyway.

Then the greatest miracle of all!

 So we got a referral from the sisters for a Rene. We had a set appointment for last night but couldn't find a member :/ we called all the usuals and then I thought of a different sister who we haven't tried in 3 months (she always works). She didnt want to come but felt impressed that she needed to. so she did, and as we were in the park waiting for him she asked us what ever had happened to an investigator named Hector. She told us that he was sooo golden and she doesn't know what ever happened to him. AND THEN.....a guy walks up to us. Our member got super excited and said that it was Hector! and then "Hector" looked at us (probably because we looked confused) and said, "I'm Rene!" So yes!!! that golden she was talking about was the same person who met other missionaries on the street and asked to be taught.  We had an amazing lesson with him and his friend Romeo, and now they are wanting to be taught by us and come to church!!! seriously.. I am still in shock.  It is so crazy how the  Lord will lead those who are ready to the gospel. This is the Lord's work.

I love this gospel so much.  During interviews President Meredith asked me what has changed my look on missionary work.  After thinking about it, I realized it is something that has made me look at life differently.  I have really started to realize that life is not all about me. Life is much more than me.  It is about serving children of God.  About loving those around me, and showing them my love for them, more than that showing God's love for them.  I have learned sooo much on my mission and I still have 7 months to learn!! I definitely have changed for the better.  I love this gospel so much.  I love this work.  This was the best decision I have ever made in my entire life.  I am so grateful for all the people I meet every day.  I just want them all do know that there is hope!!! they can be truly happy! but only through the gospel.

I hope you all remember that.  This gospel is the only way you can be truly happy.

I love you all! have a great week!

Hermana Stokes





us before we did our "salud" to the family (:


Me and our member, Freidell. I love her. (: shes from Nicaragua. (:


the decorations we did! also, this is me and sister leuluaialii from samoa.   in one of these pics im wearing sister orantes glasses... I LOOK LIKE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PERSON. Haha weird. (: 









No comments:

Post a Comment