Monday, May 18, 2015

ONE YEAR

Hi so um I'm freaking out because IN THREE DAYS IT HAS BEEN A YEAR SINCE I LEFT HOME. we are starting MY SECOND SUMMER IN THE MISSION. I really am freaking out.. I don't understand how time moves so fast. what the heck!!!!! I feel ripped off. hhahaha jk. But really, it's weird.  I feel like I've been on the mission MAYBE 4 months.  But no it's been a whole year since I've seen you all.  I can't even imagine how much has all changed.  WEIRD. okay, moving on.

This week was good!!! crazy but good!! We had 2 exchanges! The first, I went to Sister Hasek's area in the SF YSA.  This is Sister Hasek's second transfer.  She is from Indiana!  We had fun together with the adventures of their service.. we went to golden gate park and pulled out radishes.  it was fun.  Then my second exchange was with Sister Lin from Taiwan.  She came to my area.  It was fun!! I love her too.(:

Oh just so you know I just am writing you this email today.  We are going to the temple tomorrow!!!! So I will email you all back tomorrow.(:

Anyway,  yeah it was a good week.  We went to physical therapy a couple of times! Haha for Hermana Vargas.  That is always fun.  Then Wednesday we had Zone Training for SF West zone.  Me and Sister Housley did the training again, except this time instead of President showing up, the Assistants showed up.  Who were the ones who gave the original training.. so that's awkward.  Haha but they evaluated it and said we did well. Yay.(:

Wow... I really have like nothing to tell.  Saturday was such a weird day! It was the day of our exchange so it was me, Hermana vargas, and sister lin.  And I don't know why, but the weirdest things kept happening.  We almost walked into the filming of a TV show... we saw a Utah license plate(I freaked out),  we met with a less active who told us she is now attending the catholic church then bore testimony on that church to us.. that was awkward.. oh and then the coolest thing happened! We were walking and there was a lady walking towards us.  I stopped her to talk to her and she seemed in a big rush so she just asked for whatever we had for her.  I took out an invitation to go to Mormon.org.  She just looked at us and said you're Mormons? okay this is creepy... last night I had a dream that I joined the Mormon church.. she looked at us again and as walking away she said: your timing is funny...  haha it was crazy!! she was American by the way.  As she was walking away I yelled, well you can always join if you want!  she just laughed.  But I have full confidence that the Lord put her in our path for a reason and she will probably keep having experiences happen like that until she joins the church.

Yep, so that was our week. Haha kind of different than others.  We also were able to teach Jose again.  He came to church again!  He is soo awesome.  The only problem is he is only going to get baptized if he gets an answer.  Which is great, and exactly what we want! The only problem is he is expecting his answer to come in a dream or like Joseph Smith or something.  So we are going to have to explain that to him tomorrow.  I just hope he is able to listen to the still, small voice of the Holy Ghost. 

Thank you all for your love and support!! I love you all so much.  I know this church is true with all my heart.  Please, study your scriptures and pray every day! And go to church! Because without those things, you cannot reach the complete happiness that the Lord has planned for you.

Have a great week!

Hermana Stokes


pictures: me and my comps.. then me on exchanges with sister lin.. then an old picture! because I wanted to put 3 and I don't think I ever sent this one.  But it's me and Hermana Orantes (I miss her.) and Sister Jepperson!  The Office missionary.(: I love her. 






No comments:

Post a Comment