Monday, September 7, 2015

I love this church

Hello everyone. (:

This week we had MLC, that was great. I always love meetings with President.  We also were able to have some awesome lessons. Yeah... I don't really know what to talk about this week though. Our investigators are moving a little slower it seems, but still moving! This week I feel like we had some awesome lessons that the spirit completely lead.  It was amazing. I am so grateful for the spirit. I am also grateful for members and their help with lessons. They are amazing. I just love this area.  

We had an exchange this week! I was with Sister Tata.  She is amazing.  We were in my area. She is from New Zealand/Australia.  And I learned so much from her! Seriously, she is just an amazing missionary. Oh and I should point out she is only in our mission for two transfers:( im super sad about that. But it's because she is a missionary at temple square! So i got to learn how their mission works. that was cool! But yes I love her so much. We had a great day and had some amazing miracles and lessons! 

This week I have a question for you to all think about:  "WILL YOU KNOW CHRIST WHEN YOU SEE HIM? WILL YOU RECOGNIZE HIM?"  My companion was talking about that in a lesson the other day and it really hit me.  When we die and we see Christ, will we know him? or will we just know a bunch of facts about his life and teachings?  Obviously, everyone's dream is to actually know Christ when the time comes.  But how do we do that? I honestly believe it is first by reading the book of Mormon and having a testimony in it.  The Book of Mormon holds the fullness of the gospel.  That with the New Testament can help us come to know Christ more than ever.  But also, reading the scriptures is nothing without prayer.  While reading the Book of Mormon, we need to pray to know if it is true, even if we have done it before.  I promise you all that if you read the Book of Mormon fully, and pray to your Heavenly Father, you will receive an answer of it's truthfulness, and you will come to know Jesus Christ.  And then to make it all complete, it's your actions.  It's going to church, serving others, paying your tithing, keeping&fulfilling your covenants.. and doing anything that The Lord asks you to do.  I know that as we do these things, we won't have to worry for when we see Christ.  We will know him, and we will recognize him as our Brother, our Savior, and our Redeemer. 

I know the Book of Mormon is true. And through that, I know so many other things.  I know that Christ is our Savior, I know that Heavenly Father restored the church through Joseph Smith, I know the Atonement is real, I know that families can be together forever.. I know that the church is true.  

I love you all so much, and I hope you can all ask yourselves these questions and evaluate your relationship with God. Remember: He answers prayers. He loves you. And he wants to hear from you.

Have a great week!(:

Hermana Stokes

I love snakes. Our less active Taji has one. I was a happy sister that day. (: and this is Sister Tata!  haha even though she is from Australia.. she was scared to hold it. (:


and a district picture!





No comments:

Post a Comment