Monday, September 28, 2015

i am so excited for conference.

It was a good week everyone. (:

Theresa is doing AWESOME!!!!! oh my gosh we had this awesome lesson with her where she said "I know the church is true. I know Joseph Smith is a prophet. I got my answer, and I know this is the church God wants me to go to."  We were soo excited.  It's amazing! She has been through so much, and she was someone that honestly, we struggled having faith she would make it. It just testifies that the promise in Moroni 10 is open to anyone. I know more than ever that God loves her so much, just as much as he loves anyone else.  Her baptism is scheduled for November 7th, but we think we are going to move up. (:

The Montiels are also doing awesome! We had an amazing lesson at the Elizondo's with them. They had tons of questions.  Then a couple days later we went and did a church tour with them. It was awesome! The spirit was sooo strong. Soooo strong. And while we were sitting in the chapel they recognized it and said that they know this church is good. and they know they will be baptized one day. But they expressed to us that they just struggle with Faith, and they don't feel like they have enough Faith to get baptized.. since they still have some doubts. We are planning and helping them through that though. I know they will accept it soon. (:

I also went on exchanges this week with Sister Su! I went to her area. It was a good day.

Also, womens conference was amazing! AH I cannot wait for conference. It's all me and Hermana Hilton talk about. yayayayy.

Also, I have to tell you about Jason real quick. He is this worker at Winco and he is awesome! ha he talks to all the missionaries that shop there. Every Monday we go talk to him and he asks us more questions about who we are and what our religion is. He has no religious background but a bunch of his high school friends are on missions right now. (: it is so awesome! he claims he doesn't have time to be taught but some of the sisters gave him a book of mormon and he has been reading that and then today we gave him some pamphlets.  Seriously, it's amazing the different people the Lord puts in our paths. It just shows how much he is watching over his children.  We even meet people grocery shopping. Ah it's so awesome! Jason will definitely accept the gospel one day. 

I love the gospel. Yesterday was sad because we missed Porque Yo Creo:((( our investigators cancelled last minute, so we couldn't go. We missed our monthly reunion:( But it's okay! next month hopefully. (:

I love you all! transfer calls are this weekend so send things to the mission home please!

Love, Hermana Stokes


pictures: oh you know.. just classic bathroom selfies. haha. i love her. 




No comments:

Post a Comment