Monday, October 5, 2015

life would be nothing without conference

Oh my goodness I love conference so much. (: SOO MUCH. 

What talks did you all like? 

all of them I'm sure. 

Okay so this week was good! We had MLC. That was really good. 

Oh I guess I should say, I'M STAYING IN BRENTWOOD!!!!!!!! I'm going to end my mission here and Hermana Hilton is going to send me off(:  I am happy beyond belief!!!!! Oh my goodness this is a dream come true. It's so nice because Me and Hermana Hilton can just work super hard this last transfer.  I was scared to have to go through another adjustment then have it be over before I knew it.  But I am so glad that I can just stay with her. Plus, Brentwood is the BEST. We get so spoiled here. (: So I am so happy to stay.  Hermana Hilton and I will have spent 4 transfers total together! only 3 in a row. But total, that is 6 months together! So it's fun. (:

I love conference. I loved President Uchtdorf's talk.  I think it is so important that we remember what he said.. THE GOSPEL WORKS. It just does.  Do what he told us, think about your time in the gospel? what good has it done for you?  We were talking about this with the Westons a while ago.  The gospel is so awesome. And even if it weren't true, it would be okay like that. Because I mean, think of everything you have done while being part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints... thing of everything you have learned... do you regret any of that? probably not. so it's so worth it. but you wanna know what makes it even better? IT'S TRUE. (: I am so grateful for that. (: We are so lucky to be a part of it.

I also loved the ponderize talk. (: I strongly encourage all of you to take Elder Durrants advice! Ponderize a scripture a week. I know you can do it, it won't be hard I promise.  I already started doing it today.  My scripture of the week is D&C 103:36 
 36 All victory and glory is brought to pass unto you through your diligence, faithfulness, and prayers of faith.

My MTC teacher gave this to me the day I left, but I have never really taken the time to learn it and remember where it is. So I figured this will be a good start.  I love it because on my mission I have learned how important diligence, faithfulness, and faithful prayers are.  The Lord really cares about us, and he is willing to help us in anything. But he does expect us to do something as well.

I LOVE THIS GOSPEL. AND I LOVE THE MISSION. (: life is good. I love you all! I invite you all to go over your conference notes and choose a goal that the spirit whispers to you to work on.  I promise it will make you happier. (:

Hermana Stokes  


Sorry, I took no pictures. So here's some cool quotes/pictures I found. (:



No comments:

Post a Comment