Monday, October 19, 2015

Charity never faileth

Dear people.

Okay so sorry I didn't tell you guys my scripture for last week.. it was Words of Mormon 1:7.

But this week my scripture is 1 corinthians 13:2-3.
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity,it profiteth me nothing.
 I love these scriptures.  I love that Charity never faileth.  It really is the most amazing concept.  And these scriptures make me think a lot.. even if we are good at a lot of other things.. if we have not charity.. we are nothing! It's crazy. But it is so powerful.  

Things are going well here in Brentwood.  (:  I love the work.  We are teaching a lot of people who like to bible bash us right now.. haha one of them is Brother Ferrier.  His wife is a less active member.  He has a lot of religious background and does not believe in the church at all but is open to learning.  Last night we had this awesome lesson with him.. It is good because Hermana Hilton knows the bible really well.  So she was able to show him a lot in the bible. But also, it was really cool because as we were teaching this quote from PMG came to me by Brigham Young:“If all the talent, tact, wisdom, and refinement of the world had been sent to me with the Book of Mormon, and had declared, in the most exalted of earthly eloquence, the truth of it, undertaking to prove it by learning and worldly wisdom, they would have been to me like smoke which arises only to vanish away. But when I saw a man without eloquence or talents for public speaking, who could only say, ‘I know by the power of the Holy Ghost that the Book of Mormon is true, that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of the Lord,’ the Holy Ghost proceeding from that individual illuminated my understanding, and a light, glory, and immortality were before me. I was encircled by them,filled with them, and I knew for myself that the testimony of the man was true”  Then it was so cool, we were able to testify so powerfully.  And I don't know if he felt the spirit because you have to be willing to be able to feel it.. but I felt it so strong.  It's just so cool that the promise is real that the spirit will testify of what we say. (:

Theresa is doing great, the Montiels as well! We didn't see Isaac this week.

I also went on exchanges with Sister Tata! It was a wonderful day. (:

We also gave two trainings this week!  one at antioch zone and one at concord. it was fun. (:

Here is an awesome video link.. you should all watch it. (:


Also, here is a picture of us and our roommates! I realized you guys have never seen them.. they aren't even in our zone and we aren't in our apartment much so we don't see them all that often. But they are the tongan sister in the area and are awesome. (: sister Mataele and sister Jones or Sonasi(her tongan name.)

and also here is a picture of the concord zone.. and us! it's the other zone we cover. did I tell you? we got two more sister companionships this transfer.. so that means two more exchanges(: 

Love you all! 
Hermana Stokes





No comments:

Post a Comment