Monday, March 16, 2015

hola..somos misioneras de la iglesia de Jesucristo....

Hola!(:

Good week!!

First off... I forgot to tell you about something last week. So I will combine that... but yeah I want to tell you about the Diaz family!! Sandy.. she is so amazing.  So I've already told you about sandy and Robert and eadan right?  Well, Sandy is amazing.  Last week we met with only her because Eadan and Robert were gone.  And as you know, she is preparing to go to the temple. she is so excited! anyway, it was really good for her to just be able to talk to us.  We basically talked to her for an hour about everything going on.  She had us in tears.  She was telling us all about how hard it has been.. she went less active as a teenager.. and then just decided to be reactivated. yeah, she's a miracle.  When she was telling me about that I was so amazed.  She just woke up one day and decided she needed to be active again for Eadan.  and now she has come soo far. she is amazing!  she is truly converted to the gospel.  Anyway, she was telling us how hard it is to have a non member husband... this is where the tears came.  Robert is VERY supportive.  I mean, he is even taking the lessons.  He loves his wife and son so much.  But for some reason, he won't get baptized.  Sandy thinks it's something from his past.  So she starts crying telling us that she is trying to keep faith that one day he will join.. but that she just keeps losing that faith with little things.  Then she told us that the other day they all kneeled down for family prayer (they have that every day.. they are so awesome)  and I guess Eadan always does this.  but he said dad your turn to pray! (sandy has never heard him pray)  and every time he says no Eadan.  and eadan, a 6 year old, says daddy you can do it!  and he says no. and eadan says, daddy, ill teach you!  and he just shakes his head... isn't that the saddest thing you've ever heard? anyway, sandy was telling us she lost hope.  We talked to her about it for a while and bore testibmony about how the lord has a plan.  and that the lord also knows her desires.  and that if she keeps continuing faithfully she will be blessed for it.  We promised her that Robert will get baptized one day.  We don't know when, but one day.  It was really good to talk about. THEN the next day she called us so excited! and she said for us to keep it a secret because she doesn't want to freak Robert out.. buttttt.  When they did their family prayer the same thing happened.  Eadan asked again. but this time Eadan said "just repeat after me" and Robert did it.  So you have this 6 year old boy teaching his dad how to pray.  Sandy was crying on the phone saying "it was an answer to my prayer, that I can't lose hope, I have to continue faithful, it was heavenly father telling me that everything is going to be okay."  MIRACLES.  I love this gospel so much.  I love that family sooo much.  We had ward conference this past week and bishop and the stake president went and visited them.  I guess bishop felt impressed to tell him this, he said "Robert, I want you to think about this.  Everything you have experienced in your life that has made you happy, came from the gospel of jesus Christ.  and everything you have experienced in your life that has brought sadness, came from not living the gospel of jesus Christ."  yeah.. powerful.. So yeah, that is an update on that amazing family.  I know Robert will get baptized one day. (:

Sorry, that was so long.  and that really is all I have to tell about this week!! haha.  It's been a great week.  I love my companion.  We have a lot of fun together. (:

This week I have been studying the Christlike Attributes again.  (We do that a lot as missionaries...)  and it's been so great.  I love learning more about Him and who he is.  I read that if we want more faith, we need to know Christ more.  So I started the Book of Mormon over and am marking certain things to help me get to know Christ more.  I love Him so much and I love this gospel. 

Have a great week everyone! I love you all!

Psalm 46:10.

Hermana Stokes


pics: doris and gilberto, who we eat dinner with all the time. soo funny. I love them. and also.. yeah.. we bought hats. (: had to. hahaha.



No comments:

Post a Comment